I love the Pumpkin Spice Loaf that Starbucks seasonally releases. I searched the internet everywhere, and literally tons of websites claimed that this recipe was “thee” Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Loaf. WRONG.
I tried so many recipes, and had tons of wasted ingredients (although my dad enjoyed the baked goods)… until I found a recipe that was pure pumpkin loaf. I added my own mix of spices and, voila! A perfect Starbucks-tasting Pumpkin Spice Loaf… and I’m gonna share it!
Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tsp pumpkin spice (see recipe below)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cups canned pumpkin (or make your own pumpkin puree)
- 3/4 cup oil (I used canola, this is the moist-maker)
- 1/3 cup roasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- Beat eggs, sugars, and vanilla in large bowl. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add pumpkin and oil, mix well. Pour batter into greased load pan.
- Sprinkle roasted pumpkin seeds on top (optional).
- Bake approximately 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted come out clean.
This is the key to the loaf. Mix the following ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- 4 tsp, ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp, ground ginger
- 1 tsp, allspice
- 1 tsp, nutmeg