I knit this in record speed—at least for me. I watched four seasons of Castle and just knitknitknit. I guess the mojo returned in earnest because I have been chugging away at projects. Here is one of my more impressive finished objects (FO): Lingonberry Shawlette

Lingonberry Shawl

The pattern is Lingonberry Shawlette, a free pattern by Andrea Arbour. The yarn is Madelinetosh Tosh Sock, a superwash merino wool in a fingering weight. I bought it in 2010 from The Loopy Ewe online and it’s the first time I’ve used Madelinetosh. The colourway is called Turquoise but it slightly varigated with blue and green tones. My Ravelry project page has more in-progress photos.

Part II is the main lace, made of up 3 charts (A,B, and C), but I had so much yarn by the time I’d finished the main body that I decided to repeat Chart A and Chart B.

Lingonberry - Lace close-up

I sort of just fudged the edge stitches. I guessed approximately where to start the chart rows so it would land in the middle of the previous Chart’s lacy bits. Then I followed the row to the end and fudged it until I got to the edge stitches. It worked out quite well and I only had to tink back parts of a row as I was starting. (Sorry I don’t have more detailed notes for anyone to follow.)

The pattern requires 300-330 yds, and I was using Madelinetosh which clocks in at nearly 400. I still have a nice handful of yarn left in case I need to do any repairs (or want to make a scraps blanket).

Lingonberry Shawlette

The photos are from Canadian Thanksgiving in October, from my parent’s deck, with the mountains (north) in the background. Thanks to my sister for taking the pictures!