FO: Malabrigo Rasta Scarf

This was probably the quickest knit I’ve ever made, even counting the two times I ripped half of it out. The pattern is the Super-Fast, Ultra-Cozy Scarf by Jen Reilly [Ravelry link]. It called for US 19 (15mm) and CO 10 stitches, but I used US 15 (10mm) needles which worked fine.

Malabrigo Rasta Scarf

Also, I tried casting on 10 stitches and it seemed too skinny. I ripped it out and cast on 12 and it didn’t seem to make a difference, so I cast on 14 and it seems great. I really liked the colour-mixing that was happening with only 10 stitches, and it pools a little more than desireable at 14 stitches, but at knit night both wenchlette and yarnpiggy said that it won’t matter once it’s on my neck.

Malabrigo Rasta ScarfThe scarf itself is a little bit on the short side (due to the extra 4 stitches) but it still makes a nice cozy knot at my chin. I was inspired by yarnpiggy’s Instant Gratification scarf made from Mal Rasta. I fell in love with it so much I went out to find the same colourway. I’m not quite 100% happy with the more muted tones of my skein, but they’re still beautiful. View my Rasta Scarf on my Ravelry project page.

Bookmark and Share
This entry was posted in FO, Knitting and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

6 Comments

1. Posted September 7, 2010 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Lovely! I like the slight pooling. I might have to try to find some Rasta…

2. Posted September 7, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

:-)

3. Posted September 8, 2010 at 10:49 am | Permalink

It’s gorgeous! Very nice! :)

4. Posted September 13, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Beautiful!

5. Posted September 18, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

What a pretty scarf. I love the color! I really want to learn to knit. I am just in the beginning stages of learning so I love to see what other people’s projects are. I’m much more proficient at crocheting, but I think knitting is prettier!

Thanks for dropping by my blog today! I really appreciate it! :)

6. Posted December 1, 2010 at 5:07 am | Permalink

Wonderful job.. Will take some time to ponder the story.

One Trackback

• [...] The pattern is Instant Gratification Scarf by Cyn [rav link] which uses a twisted drop stitch. I used two skeins of Blue Sky Alpacas Bulky Natural (50% merino, 50% alpaca) because Ben was petting and admiring the softness of my Malabrigo Rasta scarf. [...]

• Find Me

• Ravelry

Powered by Ravelry

• GoodReads

• My Flickr

www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from monnibo. Make your own badge here.
  • Top posts