I don’t recall where I initially heard about the “KISS” method (Keep It Simple Stupid) but it seems to fit well. With the holiday rush coming up, I really just need to cut back on my commitments and do things for me. I know this may sound selfish, but I feel stretched thin right now. It’s sort of like New Years Resolutions a few months early.
- Cut back on non-vital online commitments (organizing groups, activities, etc.).
- Unjoin all those groups that make me feel guilty for not going to the events (Meetup, Facebook, etc.).
- Only take part in meetups and events that I want to.
- Do more activities to better myself — I want to learn new things without feeling like I have to pursue an entire career.
- Stop setting goals and challenges that I feel required to meet (and guilty when I don’t).