Okay… this is a difficult trail, but I want to credit everyone. I originally found this while surfing KVVS blogs… I went to see Bridget (no particular reason – just clicking tourist names). I left a comment on her blog, and saw that her friend Ingrid had also left a comment. So I went to visit Ingrid’s blog. (Now here is where this Meme comes in…) She mentioned that Ann @ Yellow House Treasures tagged her for this WikiBirthday meme. Then she mentioned The Bag Lady and The Pro, which I’ve surfed over to a few times. Anne (the Bag Lady) mentioned this WikiBirthday Meme too, also crediting it to Ann. So I thought, I better go see Ann to get to the bottom of this!
I found what I was looking for (and another trail of tags)… I guess the deal is, when you tag the 5 friends, they’re supposed to do the meme and continue the tradition.
The Meme: You go to http://www.wikipedia.org/ and type in your birthday (only the month and day). Then you write down 3 events, 2 births, 1 holiday, and then you tag 5 friends.
- 1413 – Henry V becomes King of England.
- 1804 – Code Napoléon is adopted as French civil law.
- 1963 – Alcatraz, a federal penitentiary on an island in San Francisco Bay, closes.
- 1685 – Johann Sebastian Bach, German composer (d. 1750)
- 1958 – Gary Oldman, English actor
- 1962 – Matthew Broderick, American actor
- 1988 – I was born — first day of Aries too!
- Vernal Equinox (first day of spring – can vary from year to year.)
- United Nations officially recognizes the Equinotical Earth Day (although it was later promoted/celebrated on April 22nd.)
I think this post is too full of links as it is!